Thursday 17 March 2011

The Length of Your Kilt Should Be No More Than Three Inches Above The Knee

In boarding school they would measure our kilts or tell us to unroll them. the cleaver ones always pinned their kilts. Whether it was out of spite towards the authority figures or just childishness, we would silently rebel.

I have found that over the years that as I age the hem line of my skirts, dresses, shorts ect, have become increasingly longer. Perhaps that is because I am paying more attention to fashion now than when I was when I was younger. Really I had no idea what fashion was at all. I just saw all the pretty women in the movies and wanted to be just like them. Now I find myself perusing the pages and pages of the satorialist and many other fashion blogs. Watching runway shows online from the comfort of my bedroom. I think that short must be done tastefully, not nessisarily intentionally. I think the less flesh you flash, the wiser. The more we display our goods the less there is left to the imagination, the less of a challange one would appear and the less you have to work with when it comes to creating this sense of good old fashioned allure.

This is half the reason I think love nowadays has been severely cheepend. There is no mystic, no suprise, no comprehensive enigma to unriddle or undress. Back in the day it was risque for a woman to expose even the slightest bit of flesh. So much as an ankle would send men flocking to where ever it was one might go to watch such a silly practice take place. Today it hardly comes as a shock when a stripper uses (as my ex boyfriend once put it) "physics defying practices to extract a dollar bill from between his friends teeth, with her vagina."  His profound words, not mine. There is nothing so beautiful as the small mundane gestures in my opinion. The things that are not all that obvious. The subtle things that one must read between the lines in order to recognize. You are what you make yourself worth, and as Belle De Jour once put it, "the more expensive you are, the less flesh you flash" this being said she was referring to being a prostitute and it was really Billie Piper playing Belle De Jour, so the actual authority on that is questionable, but I myself would have to agree. No need to put ones goods on blatant display. That is like walking round the dodgy part of town with a 22K diamond ring on your finger. It is just bad practice and policy. That being said I do sometimes wish that there had been a seminar on what your personal style says about yourself in grade school. It would have saved me a lot of time and horrible relationships (not specifically with any sort of romantic interests just with people in general).

In all honesty the main articles of clothing on my list of must haves at the moment are floor length skirts and dresses, along with a variety of dress pant styles.

There must be balance and dressing like a slag falls short of where the cut off lies.





1 comment:

  1. damn this is not facebook, wish I could 'like' this post ;p Course the title caught my eye, but great insights (:
    <3
    -oc.

    ReplyDelete