Wednesday 16 March 2011

Shoes, I Love You

These are my fantasy shoes.

Christian Louboutin
The Trade Mark Red Soles and the Platform Sued Pump can really not be done better. I also love the Metal Heel. I have a tendency to tear mine up so when I can opt for metal I always will. It tends to be a bit more durable. 
Alexander McQueen
The King Of Fashion, Style and Detail. His work is flawless and elegant. I love how these pumps are reminiscent of butterflies and how he put a solid colour bottom on them following CL's style. They are amazing.

More Alexander McQueen
His work is just so creative and artistic where as Christian Louboutin is more of the beautiful classical elements of shoes. These allude to ballet point shoes with a metal, mechanical looking heel. I think it is Brilliant. Natily Portman Should Own a Pair of These...
These are just a few more examples of McQueens Creative Conquests in the world of foot wear. He also can rock the vintage shoe quite well.
prime example. I am in love, I wold for sure sell my sister to a traveling circus for a pair of these!
McQueen also does fantastic retro influenced shoes with a modern twist sometimes. 






These look like heaven for your feet. the leather looks so comfortable. If I must wear a retro shoe. LET IT BE THIS!












Marc Jacobs has always been a bit out there, some of his shoes are rather kitch, some would seem physics defying and some would appear rather structurally impressive but a bit of an eye sore. but when he sticks to the KISS principal (keep it simple stupid!) he can make fantastic everyday footwear...
i like the detailing. this with a skirt. dress. whatever. it just needs black tights. and perhaps a long sleeve blue blue blue dress to go with it.

I refuse to acknowledge Chanel when it comes to shoes. Its tacky, its branded, its quilted and just hideous. I am sure they have the occasional god send of shoe but never a consistency worth pursuing. Though I admit the clothes are absolutely lovely.

Jimmy Choo Used to be a force to be reckoned with in the shoe world but now I feel that it has sold out. Their shoes are something anyone could find the equivalent to at an Aldo for less, and that makes me a bit sad inside.




In regards to Boots. Hermes All The Way.
They have gorgeous riding boots I drool over whenever I walk into their boutique in Holts.

Sandals can be done by any one. i like mine delicate, strappy and with neutral colours for the most part. If it is gonna be bold I rather it be one small accented detail not the entire freaking shoe. and enough with theses obnoxious colours that I constantly see. greyed off bright purples and tacky teal shoes. it makes me sick. the only sandals I own that are bright coloured are my canary yellow Birks and that is because when they are Birks you CAN get away with obnoxious colours. Cuz they are usually paired with shorts and something rather neutral. They tend to be the accent of the entire outfit.

That being said I must stop. the idea of ugly colored footwear makes me too angry ...

till next time,
x

No comments:

Post a Comment